Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Back to school+Advice

Hello darlings! Sadly summer is dwindling down which only means school is quickly approaching. I start school August 18th which is right around the corner. I'm going to be a junior in high school... that is very hard to say and write on paper haha, but I have enjoyed my past two years so it's all good. I do have some exciting events to attend in the early part of August, so stay tuned for updates.

Here are some tips to make the transition from summer to school smooth:

*Make sure to eat a good breakfast: If you skip breakfast you won't be able to concentrate during long morning school hours. For me because each of my classes are eighty-three minutes it just makes the class longer if my stomach is constantly growling at me. If you have sport practice before school starts, eat before that and after.

*Update your stationery: Because everyone does a lot of writing throughout the term pens/pencils are always running out. It's a great idea to purchase new pens, pencils, paper-anything you've run out before starting a new term. And, we have to take every opportunity of getting cute stationery stuff right!?

*Get lots of sleep: This one is definitely hard because if you have practice, club meetings, or rehearsals, you don't get home until later which means you'll be starting homework late. Which is okay, just as long as you're not staying up because you're checking your twitter or instagram every minute. If you try going to sleep at a reasonable time every workday, it will help tremendously. 

*Keep track of everything from the beginning: Try to write down homework, test days or any important dates as soon as you get them. Write them on a piece of paper/ planer and put it somewhere you check often.

*Set aside a clear and tidy place to study/complete homework/study: I find if my work area is cluttered, so is my head. Spending a few minutes to straighten up can help you concentrate and get your work done more efficiently without being distracted.
Source: Pinterest


*Take regular, short breaks in between studying/homework: Take 5-10 minute every hour or so to clear your head then refocus on the task again. Also ensure working under good lighting and drinking water regularly to reduce headaches.

* Listen and take notes in class: This will help to absorb what is being said and of course remember it
   Source: Pinterest
I really hope you guys enjoyed this post, something a bit different. School can sometimes be stressful but if you make it fun, it will be! Below are some supplies I just recently purchased. I hope you enjoy your first semester! :)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment